Silver Rings are always a hit with most ladies, But here is some fun facts
1. The word ‘silver’ comes from the Anglo-Saxon word ‘seolfor’.
2. Silver objects have been found dating as far back as 4000 BC. Historians believe it was first discovered around a thousand years before that.
3. Ancient civilizations learned how to separate silver from lead around 3000BC.
4. In ancient Egypt, silver was valued much more highly than gold.
5. Silver gets a mention in the Bible.
6. Silver was one of the first five elements discovered, along with gold, copper, lead and iron and has been mined for over 6000 years.
7. Silver jewellery was often associated with special powers by ancient civilizations; they believed it brought healing powers, good fortune, and warded off evil spirits.
8. There was a consecutive shortage of silver production between 2007 and 1990.
9. In the middle ages, a pound of currency was literally a pound of silver in weight.
10. The Phoenicians stored water, wine and vinegar in silver bottles to avoid bacteria contaminating the liquids.
see more Sterling silver rings
more from mewe-jewelry